Hey y’all! So I had several people ask about my Mexican casserole I posted yesterday on Instagram. It’s so delish, and I make enough for leftovers the next day. In fact, we’re having the rest tonight. Hallelujah! One less day I have to think about what to make….
I don’t know about y’all, but I HATE trying to come up with ideas for dinner, make sure I have all the ingredients at home, and then cook it while watching two little kids. I’ve thought about delegating dinner routine to my husband, but that would mean we’d be having pan-fried ribeyes every night.
Anyways, here’s the recipe!
– 1 cup dry quinoa
– 1lb lean ground turkey
– 2 10 oz cans or red or green enchilada sauce (I’ve mad both).
– one can of corn
– one can of black beans
– shredded Mexican cheese
– salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion power
– preheat oven to 350.
– cook quinoa in small pot. (To do that, boil 2 cups of water, 1 cup of quinoa. Once it gets to a boil, put on lid. Let boil until water evaporates. Around 8-10 min)
– brown turkey in separate skillet. After turkey is cooked all the way through, add beans, corn, and spices to taste. If my husband ate vegetables, I’d throw in onions and green chilis.
– combine cooked quinoa into pan. Add enchilada sauce. Mix together over low heat.
– pour entire skillet into a casserole dish. Add shredded cheese on top.
– bake in oven until cheese is melted. 5-7 min.
And done!!!! Enjoy!